Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Weekly Wednesdays: Goals for 2015


I've been blogging here for over a year now (see my first post here) and while I originally started this blog as an outlet to express my love of fashion, style and shopping, it's not a realistic picture of my daily life as a stay-at-home mother and wife. With that said, I plan on sharing more of my "real" life in addition to my daily wardrobe details. Hope you enjoy stopping by!

Here are a few other "goals" I have for myself this year:

Being Present

Whether I'm zoning out on my phone (have you tried Trivia Crack??) or needing to clean something in the house (let's face it, there's always something to clean), this year I'm going to spend more quality time with my husband and kids and less time being distracted.

More Love   

While I've never been a very affectionate person (I've only said "I love you" to one man in my life - my husband), I want to make the effort this year to show more love and emotion towards him as well as my children. More kisses, hugs, loving words and actions.

Eating Real Foods

I signed up for this program last week and while I won't be able to fully commit 100% (darn mini snickers are my weakness), I'm taking baby steps in making myself (and hopefully my family) healthier.

Body Work

We don't have a gym membership, so I picked up running last year and started with fitness videos on You Tube. And just recently I discovered physical trainer's website. It not only kicks my tush, but I love that it's only 20 minutes and you don't need any equipment! I also plan on training for a half marathon sometime this year. But, much, much, much later this year ;)

Skin Care

More sunscreen, weekly face masks (these inexpensive masks at Target are great), and maintaining a simplified makeup routine (love this vlogger's website)

Read More

Just a few on my short list this year include Unbroken, Not That Kind of Girl and Drums of Autumn.

Thanks for visiting here and Happy New Year!

photo courtesy of http://indulgy.com/source/audreymim.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment